• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors Barking Dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cutshall

I have a big problem! Our neighbors freaking dog (I think its a dam Rockwaller) barks all day and all night long. It keeps us up all night sometimes. My trailers bedroom is only about 5 feet fromm where the thing is tied to a tree. Theres no talkin to him about it as we've had it out a few times and he's a big ole wife-beatin redneck. The law wont do nothing neither. Now the first thing I wanted to do was just put a few 9mm slugs in it-but thatd be too obvious. But I am really thinkin about something less obvious like settin out a bowl of gravy and antifreeze or an arsenic hotdog thatd take care of it all quiet like. Any suggestions?

sleepless in TN

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Cutshall said:
I have a big problem! Our neighbors freaking dog (I think its a dam Rockwaller) barks all day and all night long. It keeps us up all night sometimes. My trailers bedroom is only about 5 feet fromm where the thing is tied to a tree. Theres no talkin to him about it as we've had it out a few times and he's a big ole wife-beatin redneck. The law wont do nothing neither. Now the first thing I wanted to do was just put a few 9mm slugs in it-but thatd be too obvious. But I am really thinkin about something less obvious like settin out a bowl of gravy and antifreeze or an arsenic hotdog thatd take care of it all quiet like. Any suggestions?

sleepless in TN
My response:

So, you've tried the legal methods, and you've now come here for justification of your illegal methods?

The only thing I can think of is for you to back your truck up to the trailer hitch of your trailer, and move.

IAAL

R

RedneckRoy

Re: Re: Neighbors Barking Dog

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

So, you've tried the legal methods, and you've now come here for justification of your illegal methods?

The only thing I can think of is for you to back your truck up to the trailer hitch of your trailer, and move.

IAAL
That's the good thing about living in a trailer. If ya ain't liking your neighbor it takes nothing but 15 minutes to hitch up and move it down the street.

T

talianna

Try This...

Instead of killing the dog, making a huge problem with your neighbor, or getting yourself tossed in jail for animal cruelty, try this...

Go to the nearest Wal-mart or whatever you have close-by that's similar, and pick up one of those dog trainer things from the pet department. They use sound to teach the dog not to bark. Your neighbor would never need to know why his dog stopped barking, so there'd be peace for everyone involved.

Or if the dog's tied up in inhumane conditions, play the part of a concerned neighbor, instead of being the complaining neighbor, and report him to the humane society. After all, if a rottie's tied up in a confined area, it's not good for him. Maybe they can do something about the situation?

Just don't take it out on the poor dog when it's not as if he/she chose to be tied up that close to you. The barking is probably dog-ese for "Untie me, please????"

ninalou

Contact your local SPCA/humane society and report abuse - then follow up with a letter. They are required by law to research potentially abusive situations. FYI - Dogs don't bark all day & night for no reason. Something is obviously wrong.

Don't poison the dog. He didn't choose to be in that situation - he was placed in it.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">