• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors video taping my kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mirandamay1984

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kentucky

We have been haveing a lot of trouble with our neighbors. We actually have a court date for terroristic threatening one of them said he would come in our house and kill us.
Now they have put up a vieo camera on the edge of there garage and aimedit at our yard! My childeren play in our yard everyday. And the thought of someone taping them absolutly makes me ANGRY! It would be different if it was pointed at their property or the front of their garage, but it is pointed strat into our yard.
Id there anything that can be done about this?
These people are nuts! What if they are putting this on the internet? Crazy people could be watching my childeren!
I may sound paranoid, but I call it being a mother.
Any help would be GREATLY appriciated.

justalayman

are your children dressed? (I presume so). If they are, as long as the person recording can legally be where they (or their camera) are/is, they can record. It is not illegal to record people while they are out in the public view.

Now, with that said, it may play into the terroristic threat situation. It may be seen as a means of harassment that the court might address when you go to court for this terroristic threat problem.

PQN

Can you hang a flag of other barrier to block the camera's view of your yard? I would also let the prosecutor from your court case know what is happening. If he is found guilty, you may be able to get a RO that specifically includes a prohibition against him taping activities in your backyard.

mirandamay1984

we live out in the country, whe'd have to put up an 8-10' privacy fence the width of our yard, 100-150', to block the view. And we don't have the money for that.

whatnow22

I don't think that the camera would cover that much area. I'd find out what type of camera it is, look the model up online and see what type of range it has. My next move would to get a nice piece of aluminum and place it in that view. Then he would have something else to watch

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">