• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Inkfamous1214

I recently paid cash for a used truck. The title is in the process of getting transfered but the guy who sold it to me is saying hes just going to come take it back. Ive always heard possession is 9/10 of the law but the title isn't in my name. What should I do. Should i get affidavids signed by the people who where there saying that the man did infact sell me his truck? And I have messages where the guy is telling me that all he wants is his Tags off the truck and his paperwork out of it. And should i get a document where I state that if I'm being untruthful at all during the process the truck shall be returned??? HELP!!!

justalayman

if you have proof of purchase (a receipt) and the title was signed and delivered to you after which you sent in to the state to complete the transfer, if the guy shows up call the police to report the theft in progress.

the thing is; why is this guy claiming he has a right to take the truck? People that sell vehicles don't just turn around and take them back saying it was never purchased. Something else is going on here so if you care to expand on your statements, somebody might be able to give you some direction.

quincy

I recently paid cash for a used truck. The title is in the process of getting transfered but the guy who sold it to me is saying hes just going to come take it back. Ive always heard possession is 9/10 of the law but the title isn't in my name. What should I do. Should i get affidavids signed by the people who where there saying that the man did infact sell me his truck? And I have messages where the guy is telling me that all he wants is his Tags off the truck and his paperwork out of it. And should i get a document where I state that if I'm being untruthful at all during the process the truck shall be returned??? HELP!!!
What is the name of your state, Inkfamous?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">