• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new to the state of michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoconner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I was wondering if it is statutory rape in the state of Michigan if the male is 21 years old and the female is 16.?? :confused:

FlyingRon

It's third degree (or worse) sexual misconduct if she's under 16. Once the child is at least 16, the normal adult rules apply. Force, coercion, position of authority, and mentally or physically incapacitated victim all can result in a felony crime.

aoconner

flying Ron...

Thats where im confused about the law... she says shes going to be 17 in november... but he is 21 and 5 years older then her. I dont approve of this relationship, and i'm scared it will ruin his life.
Nice little town, Ironwood :)

Just Blue

Thats where im confused about the law... she says shes going to be 17 in november... but he is 21 and 5 years older then her. I dont approve of this relationship, and i'm scared it will ruin his life.
You really need to allow your adult son to deal with his own legal issues. He MAY not be in violation of criminal statutes (state. rape.), but the parents of this CHILD have a right to prohibit your adult son to stay away from their minor CHILD.

If the ADULT continues to violate the RIGHTS of the parents of this CHILD, then he may face criminal charges.

Please have your ADULT son post his own legal questions.

Thanks

Blue:)

aoconner

Blue

Sorry for bothering you... her parents have no problem with it... in fact i kicked him out and he is now living there. ( note.. there were other reasons for kicking him out, not just the relationship he has chosen) i just wanted to know for my own sake the laws.

cyjeff

Yeah.

It's the town's fault that your son likes to schtup children.

Just Blue

Sorry for bothering you... her parents have no problem with it... in fact i kicked him out and he is now living there. ( note.. there were other reasons for kicking him out, not just the relationship he has chosen) i just wanted to know for my own sake the laws.
The law is, as an ADULT, he is responsible for his own actions. There is only so much a parent can do.

This is his own battle.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">