• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York Pink Summons for In Park After Closing Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ARandomPerson

I got a Pink Summons for being in Central Park after closing with a friend and I am scheduled to appear in about a week. The Summons lists the violation as Section 103 Subsection A1, which basically means nobody can be inside the park after the set closing time or before the set opening time. I am expected to appear at the Criminal Court at 346 Broadway in Manhattan. The summons part is either "FL1" or "TL1" based on the officer's quick handwriting.
My question is: Is there any way to pay the fine beforehand and not have to go to court? If I do have to go to court what should I expect?

Thank you for any help given.

xylene

Your best advice is to get a lawyer.

If you cannot afford a lawyer you should call the court and ask if your appearance is mandatory if intend to plead guilty. It may be.

If your appearance is mandatory, there is no reason to plead guilty. It will not reduce your punishment or the time involved.

You may be able to fight this successfully depending on the facts and your case.

You may be able to get a reduced fine in exchange for a guilty plea. You may be able to avoid a record.

If you can afford a lawyer, do so.

You Are Guilty

Someone else just posted about getting the same ticket in a Bronx park recently - try a search.

Anyway, a lawyer is always a good idea, but strictly speaking, not necessary. This is a violation, not a "crime". I do believe an appearance is mandatory, even if just to plead guilty. Your best bet is to show up, check in with the officer (bring the Violation Notice), and when your case is called, politely ask for an "ACD". This means that as long as you don't get another ticket in the next 6 months, this one gets dismissed. And assuming your background is clean, you're more likely than not to get it, even without an attorney's help.

Good luck.

You Are Guilty

Found two threads which might be of use:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/disorderly-conduct-summons-please-help-528262.html

and

https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/park-after-dark-pink-slip-nyc-533287.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">