• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Niece steals thousands from grandmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hparisi

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My niece came to live with my Mom after her mother, My Mom's daughter passed away. While she was living with her, my niece was slowly draining her savings account. While my Mom was sleeping my niece would go into her purse, take her debit card and withdraw money, come home and put it back in her purse. At this time my MOm was taking care of her brother who was dying of cancer and just didnt keep track of her savings account amount. One day while my Mom was out shopping she went the bank to find out that all her money was gone. She talked with the bank people and they said that my Mom would have to pay for the ATM pictures, and that since it was around 20 thousand dollors my niece stole she would be put in jail. My name is also on her account and now my Mom wants me to take action. It has been about 2 years since the incident and I dont want to put her in jail but I do want her to start repaying back the money. What will happen if I turn her in? Will the legal fees be overwhelming and would it even be worth it to go after her?

HeatherWhat is the name of your state?

who had legal custody when she moved in? who has custody now? how old was the neice when she moved in and how old is she now?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">