• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no justice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Naason

CONNECTICUT

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident where two lives were taken. i was driving a car and the two people were on a motor cycle. i was going north and they were heading south. i took a left goin west at a light that was GREEN and i used my SIGNAL and looked before i turned and saw nothing. i wasnt intoxicated but i still got charged with neglegant homicide and Im serving 2 years Administrative probation and the terms were that i do not operate a vehicle untill my license is restored which was not suspended because of the accident. A few months after i was done with court i tapped a car in front of me and the police came. No one was hurt and no insurance claims were made but before the officer let me go he told me my license was suspended. he didnt arrest me. he gave me a PTA. See the big picture is that my license wasnt suspended because of the trial, it got suspended a couple months after the trial was done and it got suspended because the DMV sent out a letter to my OLD address which i NEVER recieved and the DMV has records of that stating that i needed to complete a drivers recourse. and since i never got the letter i never knew so i never completed it. in result, they suspended my license and sent the letter to my OLD address so i never knew! i didnt change my address at the DMV but is that worth going to jail. The offer is 60 days and i have to make a decision to accept it or go to a hearing where i could get a year. Is this right? Im not a criminal. I just want to know if this is right? do you think my lawyer is doing all he can? Are they discriminating on me cause of the last case? I have a lot of questions about this whole case. Someone please HELP me?

CdwJava

The problem is that you failed to notify the DMV of your new address. This puts the failed communication squarely on your shoulders.

Frankly, I don't know if there is a whole lot your attorney CAN do for you.

Whether this deal is "right" or not depends on your perspective. It is certainly better than a year, and since it would seem to be your fault for knowingly failing to notify the DMV you will probably have to eat the offense. But, I suppose that you can try to fight it on the basis that you were NOT notified ... but a jury probably ain't gonna be happy that you got away with Admin Probation for a negligent homicide, and they may decide that you deserve to be put away.

Talk to your attorney ... but if I were you, I'd probably try to keep this from a jury.

What did your lawyer say about the chances of prevailing at trial?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">