• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NO MALICE BIGAMY advice/help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kriskris79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.

OK. I havent seen my ex wife for 5 years or so 2003-2007. Bad split. Couldnt find her anywhere or afford to find her. I joined the USMC in 2007, and soon after fellin love with a old lover. She needed help badly with her condo and bills etc. SO i married her to send her the Basic Housing Allowance and i would find prior wife and divorce her or what have you and remarry current wife after a explaination . WELL the prior wife out of nowhere contacted me and sent me no contest divorce papers! Im an idiot i know. i only wanted to help current lover. So at that point current wife finds out and i explain i only wanted to help her etc etc. And she was ok with it as long as we remarry etc. She was there at the divorce hearing so she was privy to it all. Well im stationed in CA and she lives in NH. And we dont see each other that often etc etc. We never got remarried. Things are on the rocks now. She is threatening to have charges brought up for bigamy etc. will i get charged a FELONY?? i was only trying to help! no malice intent at all. And who would be the one to bring UP charges? ANY county or state? or the state we got married (CA, San Diego)? I would like to find a reasonably priced lawyer for when i get served etc. but for now some legal advice and info would be appreciated. Thank you for your time, Kris

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.

OK. I havent seen my ex wife for 5 years or so 2003-2007. Bad split. Couldnt find her anywhere or afford to find her. I joined the USMC in 2007, and soon after fellin love with a old lover. She needed help badly with her condo and bills etc. SO i married her to send her the Basic Housing Allowance and i would find prior wife and divorce her or what have you and remarry current wife after a explaination . WELL the prior wife out of nowhere contacted me and sent me no contest divorce papers! Im an idiot i know. i only wanted to help current lover. So at that point current wife finds out and i explain i only wanted to help her etc etc. And she was ok with it as long as we remarry etc. She was there at the divorce hearing so she was privy to it all. Well im stationed in CA and she lives in NH. And we dont see each other that often etc etc. We never got remarried. Things are on the rocks now. She is threatening to have charges brought up for bigamy etc. will i get charged a FELONY?? i was only trying to help! no malice intent at all. And who would be the one to bring UP charges? ANY county or state? or the state we got married (CA, San Diego)? I would like to find a reasonably priced lawyer for when i get served etc. but for now some legal advice and info would be appreciated. Thank you for your time, Kris

You need to be worried about the military, too - they will NOT be impressed with the situation and may well require you to repay BAH (amongst other things).

You really do need legal counsel immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">