• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no where to turn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Legacy1958

What is the name of your state? Va
I have a 16 year old son. Was abused as a child by another person, father abandoned him at 18 months, reappeared at 15 years old making like he wants to be his dad, then skips again. recently convicted of felony, (breaking and entering, grand larceny). Put on 1 year probation w/ community service. Two months later was caught stealing at school and suspended. Broke probation and charged with M1 (petty theft). Arrested same night, sent to Detention Center til hearing next day. He knew what the cost was if he got into any trouble. As his mom, I have never turned my back on him, yet I feel that he needs help. Asked why, answer is I don't know. Feels that he honestly don't.
Will they make him do the remainder of probation inside detention or is there any chance that they'll allow him out to finish his probation and providing he gets extensive counceling? Was told(at first hearing) that they were giving him second chance. Is this the only chance he gets?

JETX

Regretably, no one on this forum can answer your questions with any accuracy. To do so would require an extensive review of his history, attitude, lifestyle, intent to change. And also an extensive knowledge of the prosecution habits, and those of the judge assigned to any hearing.

Far too many variables involved to get an answer.

L

Legacy1958

JETX, I was afraid of that. They call this the hanging judge, even by some lawyers. My son has had a bad childhood. And I know he wishes he never did anything, but, he's angry at how his father did, and the abuse. Other then doing this he has complied greatly with the probation and hes a very caring kid except when it comes to himself. Thank you anyway for your advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">