• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise Complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brett6913

What is the name of your state? WA

My roomates and I recently all received a noise complaint. I was just wondering if I should mitigate it or contest it? The only reason I would contest is because I was upstairs sleeping at the time when the cops arrived. I have witnesses, but I am just not sure if it will hold up in court. Thanks.

-Brett

JETX

Was this a police citation or just a complaint from a landlord??
If a citation, pay the fine and turn down the noise.
If a complaint, heed the complaint and turn down the noise.

Pretty simple.

B

Brett6913

Ya, it was a police citation. It's just that it's a $250 hit, which isn't to bad, but it's just money I would rather not pay.... Thanks!

HomeGuru

Brett6913 said:
Ya, it was a police citation. It's just that it's a $250 hit, which isn't to bad, but it's just money I would rather not pay.... Thanks!
**A: how is it that you were specifically named in the citation when you were alseep? Do you snore loudly?

B

Brett6913

Haha, no, I was "asleep" meaning I was upstairs in my room with my girlfriend, while my roommates were downstairs having a party. I wish I could say that the cause for the complaint was me... but it was probably the 30 people downstairs...

-Brett

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">