• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise/Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

ppattee

Alaska.
Is there anything that can be done about noisey neightbors in condominiums. My Condo Assn. won't do anything, the police won't (can't) do anything, no one that I have contacted can do anything. I've contacted the civil courts, domestic court, district attorney, and Victims for Justice.

Neighbor on my right continues to harass me with his stereo noise all day and night, off and on. The police can't catch him with it on so far.

Neighbor on my left is the same. Except, he now verbally harasses and stalks me. I can't leave my condo without worrying if he'll be there and what he will do.

The noise (stereo thumping) goes on day and night. It's affecting my health and well as my emotional and physical well being.

I'm at a loss right now.

Thank you.

S

sadsackee

I'm at a loss.......

Buying a condominium in ALASKA......

do you get how nutty that is?

P

ppattee

I didn't ask for help to get sarcastic comments. If I had known that's what would happen I would never have posted my problem.

It's obvious, SadSack, that you have no idea what Alaska is like. You have the same mentality that my harassers have... no respect or consideration for anyone, including yourself.

H

Humble Warrior

This is too easy.....read your own first paragraph,and believe it ok? You have to wonder if it is your neighbors,and every single person you contacted that is insane,or is it just you?I used to have a neighbor like you. He called the cops on me about twice a week,because I walked in my house to loudly for him(I got off work at 11:00pm). They finally told him in the end that if he called them one more time,he is the one going to jail. Amazingly enough,I never saw the police at my door again.
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm.

B

booboos

this is what I'd do

Well, first, I would consider moving if I was concerned about my safety. I would file a complaint everytime he/she harassed me.

Do you have a video camera or tape recorder? I would document the time and then record/video tape the disruption, everytime it happened. Or try to have friends/family over when it happens so they witness it.

Take that w/ you to the police. But remember, if you are that concerned about your safety I would seriously consider just trying to move. If you do end up trying to do something about it, more than likely that will make them even angrier and think of something else to do that will annoy you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">