• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

noise ordinace violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rosewhite10

north carolina
I have a problem with my neighbor she seems to hate children. i recieved a summons to go to court for a noise ordinance violation on a sunday morning at 9 am for a noise violation that supposedly happened on saturday however no police ever came to investigate if the accusation was even true now i am being charged with a criminal misdemeanor. I don't understand this something seems to be wrong how do they just take the word of this woman without even coming out here to check how do i defend myself against this woman :confused:

H

hmmbrdzz

Were your children noisy on that Saturday? Have you had prior complaints by this neighbor about your noisy children? Have the police ever talked to you before about your noisy children?

If yes to any of the above, you defend yourself (next time) by keeping your children's noise level within the limits of the noise ordinance.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">