• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise Ordinance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fuzzy3

What is the name of your state? Coos Bay, OR

I wanted to know what the rule was on noise. Can anyone complain and have the neighbor arrested? Or is the a decibal type system or a time of day limit?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fuzzy3 said:

I wanted to know what the rule was on noise. Can anyone complain and have the neighbor arrested? Or is the a decibal type system or a time of day limit?
My response:

Oregon has a "Rule of Thumb" law regarding noise levels.

When the decibel level of the noise rises above that of a Boeing 767 jet engine, or the incessant crying of an infant for more than 10 minutes, you may shoot to kill.

From "Arthur", and in slurred speech - - "Don't you hate Perry's wife?"

IAAL

Last edited:
S

shantrbl

if you live in an apartment the rules about loud music and noise should be written in the rental contract and you can file a complaint with your landlord or property management co. If you are having trouble with noisy neighbors in the house next door call the local police and have them speak with your neighbors about it. usually anything after 10 pm is considered disturbing the peace. as for having them arrested, unless you live in mayberry and have barney fife as a deputy, its highly unlikely that would happen. Call your local police department and ask what can be done about noisy neighbors, they would be able to answer all your questions.

C

CombatTN88

fuzzy3 said:

There is no noise rule on the Independence Day.

Seriously, noise rules are usually followed by your city rules, not state. Check City Hall for rules.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">