• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non approved corporate credit card purchases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lgaskell

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island:

I am involved in a serious issue where I've been using a corporate credit card to make personal purchases over a period of a year and a half. I've been terminated from my job, confronted by the management team and we've reviewed a list that spans about a year and a half. The majority of my purchases where computers and technical gadgets which I've been instructed to return and have done so. I've been told that the remaining charges for home heating oil payments, personal cell phones, and dining expenses are going to be reviewed and we'll come to a number, deduct the value of what was returned and seek reimbursement. To date I have no idea as to the actual amount but I'm being told in the area of $30k. Now I did a quick calculation of what was returned and that sits at approximately $12k. I want to make this right, moreover...I do not want this to go legal. My marriage is holding in the balance because of this and I can not let it get worse. What advise would you give to someone in my position? What are the potential ramifications?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">