• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non-traffic citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjj3

What is the name of your state? PA
I was stopped for possession of alcohol near Penn State and received a non-traffic citation after a breath analyzer reading of .10. I am 20 years old. I was first told that this would result in a suspension of my driving priviledges in PA for 90 days. Now, I am finding out that the suspension will also carry over into NJ (where I live). Given this is a non-traffic citation, will my NJ car insurance be impacted? Is it worth trying to getting the ticket reduced through a lawyer. Other than this incident, I have a clean record.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
jjj3 said:
What is the name of your state? PA
I was stopped for possession of alcohol near Penn State and received a non-traffic citation after a breath analyzer reading of .10. I am 20 years old. I was first told that this would result in a suspension of my driving priviledges in PA for 90 days. Now, I am finding out that the suspension will also carry over into NJ (where I live). Given this is a non-traffic citation, will my NJ car insurance be impacted? Is it worth trying to getting the ticket reduced through a lawyer. Other than this incident, I have a clean record.
yes it will. You were drinking under age. That is something that affects driving. If your license is suspended in PA of course NJ is going to honor it -- a little thing in the Constitution called full faith and credit. And because of a suspension your insurance will be impacted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">