• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nonpayment of corporate card charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorktown

STATE: CALIFORNIA

I had a corporate card issued back in 2000 but don't know what the statute of limitations are. I have never paid back the charges and they may have filed charges but I haven't lived in California in a while and I just don't know.

Is 16years beyond SOL and if I was to reapply for a new Amex will that tip off anything? Would I be blackballed from AMEX due to this?

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

I had a corporate card issued back in 2000 but don't know what the statute of limitations are. I have never paid back the charges and they may have filed charges but I haven't lived in California in a while and I just don't know.

Is 16years beyond SOL and if I was to reapply for a new Amex will that tip off anything? Would I be blackballed from AMEX due to this?
Does this have anything to do with the grand larceny charges filed against you in 2009 and the fact that there was a warrant issued (https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/california-larceny-477786.html), or is your corporate card use/misuse a separate legal matter?

Just for background information for forum members, here is a link to your other thread (unrelated legal issue): https://forum.freeadvice.com/workplace-injuries-worker-s-compensation-32/aggravated-condition-due-boss-500208.html

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I'm curious...when did you flee the state?

Yorktown

Does this have anything to do with the grand larceny charges filed against you in 2009 and the fact that there was a warrant issued (https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/california-larceny-477786.html), or is your corporate card use/misuse a separate legal matter?

Just for background information for forum members, here is a link to your other thread (unrelated legal issue): https://forum.freeadvice.com/workplace-injuries-worker-s-compensation-32/aggravated-condition-due-boss-500208.html

EDIT: Oh no, that was actually dropped by the way. I flew to California only to find out that case was dismissed after I won my settlement.

The question above was something different.

Last edited:

Yorktown

We have no way of telling you whether or not charges of any kind were filed.
I mean how can I find out? I went to the Police Station and did one of those "Finger Print" things and nothing came up but now i'm hearing that doesn't always show up everything.

I'm feng shui'ing my life.

I mean does anyone know Statute of Limitations for California?

Last edited:

Zigner

I mean how can I find out? I went to the Police Station and did one of those "Finger Print" things and nothing came up but now i'm hearing that doesn't always show up everything.

I'm feng shui'ing my life.

I mean does anyone know Statute of Limitations for California?
If charges were filed in a timely manner, then the statute of limitations doesn't apply (the SoL is the period of time between when a crime is committed and when the person is charged.)

Yorktown

If charges were filed in a timely manner, then the statute of limitations doesn't apply (the SoL is the period of time between when a crime is committed and when the person is charged.)
Ah OK. Well I've done all I can to research and find out so I'm going to move on from this and I have a paper trail in case anything does pop up in the future.

Zigner

you sound angry. I think it aggravates you that I've been able to resolve my history positively.
You haven't resolved your history positively, and the fact that you think you have speaks volumes about your character.

ETA: I'm not angry - far from it. I'm looking forward to my upcoming weekend with a drink in one hand and a good book in the other...without the fear of past illegal acts haunting me. Cheers!

Yorktown

You haven't resolved your history positively, and the fact that you think you have speaks volumes about your character.

ETA: I'm not angry - far from it. I'm looking forward to my upcoming weekend with a drink in one hand and a good book in the other...without the fear of past illegal acts haunting me. Cheers!
hmmmm ...

Case against former employer for discrimination that others advised didn't have a case but WON - Check.

Charge against me from 2009 DROPPED - Check.

Questions about past Corporate Card issue NO CHARGES FILED - Check.

Stay bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">