• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

North Carolina expungement-who can see it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laxobellavida

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I was arrested last year for simple assault 1 in North Carolina. This was my only arrest. The case was dismissed because my husband admitted to lying about me. I now want to have this expunged from my record. I was informed that NC offers a one-time expungement opportunity. Would this erase my arrest record? I want to eventually get a Nursing license and it requires an FBI fingerprint check and I am worried about an arrest showing up. I also heard that only NCIC can see this information. I am applying for licensure in PA, would Pa state police be able to see this when they run a background check on me?

Just Blue

I was arrested last year for simple assault 1 in North Carolina. This was my only arrest. The case was dismissed because my husband admitted to lying about me. I now want to have this expunged from my record. I was informed that NC offers a one-time expungement opportunity. Would this erase my arrest record? I want to eventually get a Nursing license and it requires an FBI fingerprint check and I am worried about an arrest showing up. I also heard that only NCIC can see this information. I am applying for licensure in PA, would Pa state police be able to see this when they run a background check on me?
Do NOT necropost to another thread. Common sense sould tell you that ifa thread is over 13 YEARS OLD...OP is not coming back.

quincy

Following is a link to the North Carolina Justice Center's information on North Carolina Expunctions: http://www.ncjustice.org/?q=second-chance-alliance/summary-nc-expunctions-2014

If the case filed against you was your first offense and it was dismissed, you shouldn't have difficulty getting the arrest record and court records expunged, and you should not have any difficulty getting a nursing license based on this single dismissed and expunged offense.

laxobellavida

Following is a link to the North Carolina Justice Center's information on North Carolina Expunctions: http://www.ncjustice.org/?q=second-chance-alliance/summary-nc-expunctions-2014

If the case filed against you was your first offense and it was dismissed, you shouldn't have difficulty getting the arrest record and court records expunged, and you should not have any difficulty getting a nursing license based on this single dismissed and expunged offense.
Thank you so much. It's possible to expunge an arrest? I'll look into that site. Thanks again.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I wonder how many times the OP is going to ask this question - there are at least four threads since March, starting with https://forum.freeadvice.com/hiring-firing-wrongful-termination-5/dental-hygiene-licensure-application-dismissed-case-604676.html

quincy

Thank you so much. It's possible to expunge an arrest? I'll look into that site. Thanks again.
The Justice Center site is a good one, laxobellavida, and should provide you with all of the answers to your questions on expunctions. From what I read, your particular offense - being dismissed as it was - should not be difficult to expunge.

By the way, you will want to do your own background check of yourself after your records have been expunged to make sure all of records (and, yes, these include arrest records) have been destroyed and are no longer appearing as part of your criminal history. Occasionally errors are made so you will want to correct any errors that show up by reporting them to the proper agencies.

And, as a note, you did post to an archived thread from 2001. Your post was reported and the thread returned to the archives, which is why it no longer shows. The question posed by the thread's originator had never been responded to by anyone, so your answer in that respect was nice - but the person who created the thread has long since stopped being a member of this forum and his/her concerns were probably taken care of 13 years ago. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">