• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if they got a fine / MIP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lewgard

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My neighbors, who consists of two "young adults" (age 19 and 20) and their mother, frequently have parties. The parties are for the kids - not the mother, however the mother is always present. The kid's friends are no older than 20 years old - and there are many of them. I am tired of being inconvenienced by their parties and I have spoken to the mother about it. On New Year's eve they had a party (the kids) and again the mother was there. As with every other party they have had, the kids were drinking. I have seen them do so AND I have seen their pictures and comments on Facebook regarding drinking and partying. Under normal circumstances I would not be upset about a New Year's eve party - heck I like to celebrate the new year. However, their New Year's eve party turned into a huge fight in the street. I called the police, who arrived about 50 minutes later. They were there for over an hour. According to one of the kid's facebook page, only a few of the party participants received MIPs. The 19 and 20 year old "hosts" did not, nor did the mother get fined for furnishing alcohol. I have no idea if she supplied the booze, but wouldn't her being there, and being the homeowner and parent, be sufficient for a fine ?

My question: i don't necessarily believe what is being written on Facebook regarding the lack of MIPs. Is there any way I can find out who received MIPs and if the mother was fined? I could call the police, but would they tell me? To get ahold of the police in Jackson county I have to dial 911 - which I dislike doing as that should be for emergencies. In all honesty, I would like all of them to be hit with some sort of punishment - maybe then they will stop the partying.

As I said, I am tired of the inconvenience - I am kept awake until at least 3:00 a.m. when they party, I have their beer cans and broken bottles in my yard, I have their party crap in my mailbox...I live across the street from the party clan, separated by at least 200 feet of front yards and street. I didn't want to call the cops, but I am tired of it all.

Thanks for any tips on finding out this info.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My neighbors, who consists of two "young adults" (age 19 and 20) and their mother, frequently have parties. The parties are for the kids - not the mother, however the mother is always present. The kid's friends are no older than 20 years old - and there are many of them. I am tired of being inconvenienced by their parties and I have spoken to the mother about it. On New Year's eve they had a party (the kids) and again the mother was there. As with every other party they have had, the kids were drinking. I have seen them do so AND I have seen their pictures and comments on Facebook regarding drinking and partying. Under normal circumstances I would not be upset about a New Year's eve party - heck I like to celebrate the new year. However, their New Year's eve party turned into a huge fight in the street. I called the police, who arrived about 50 minutes later. They were there for over an hour. According to one of the kid's facebook page, only a few of the party participants received MIPs. The 19 and 20 year old "hosts" did not, nor did the mother get fined for furnishing alcohol. I have no idea if she supplied the booze, but wouldn't her being there, and being the homeowner and parent, be sufficient for a fine ?

My question: i don't necessarily believe what is being written on Facebook regarding the lack of MIPs. Is there any way I can find out who received MIPs and if the mother was fined? I could call the police, but would they tell me? To get ahold of the police in Jackson county I have to dial 911 - which I dislike doing as that should be for emergencies. In all honesty, I would like all of them to be hit with some sort of punishment - maybe then they will stop the partying.

As I said, I am tired of the inconvenience - I am kept awake until at least 3:00 a.m. when they party, I have their beer cans and broken bottles in my yard, I have their party crap in my mailbox...I live across the street from the party clan, separated by at least 200 feet of front yards and street. I didn't want to call the cops, but I am tired of it all.

Thanks for any tips on finding out this info.
Why is this any of your business, and not even public info until the compleation of the court case, and even then might not be public information.

Stop being nosey, if you want to know, ask her. The police are absolutely NOT going to give you this info, and you cant just casually request a criminal history of the neighbors, because they will omit from your report anything that isnt public info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">