• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure where to post...animal transport law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isis297

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY but asking for people nationwide

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. I wasn't sure where to do so.

What is the law for transporting animals (dogs, cats, etc.) across state lines? I know that a health certificate is required, but some say there is a 14 day requirement for an animal to be out of a shelter first whereas some are saying there isn't. I thought there was and with the illnesses that can come out of shelters it would make sense to me. A link to the law would be great as I wasn't able to find it myself.

Thanks!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY but asking for people nationwide

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. I wasn't sure where to do so.

What is the law for transporting animals (dogs, cats, etc.) across state lines? I know that a health certificate is required, but some say there is a 14 day requirement for an animal to be out of a shelter first whereas some are saying there isn't. I thought there was and with the illnesses that can come out of shelters it would make sense to me. A link to the law would be great as I wasn't able to find it myself.

Thanks!!
You will want to look at the specific states in question.

quincy

Thanks!!
The following is a link to all of the animal laws that will apply nationwide:

http://www.animallaw.info/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">