• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notary Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Granny B

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Please help somebody: I used to be a notary, I thought it had stopped only to find out, the company I worked for continued to renew it and use it. The person who forged my name has since died. Do I have any recourse?

seniorjudge

Please help somebody: I used to be a notary, I thought it had stopped only to find out, the company I worked for continued to renew it and use it. The person who forged my name has since died. Do I have any recourse?
Recourse for what?

Anyway, make sure whoever it is in your state who issues notaries to make sure yours is revoked.

Granny B

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I specifically want to know if I can seek legal actions against the company?
Again, legal actions for WHAT?
Have you been damaged in any way?
Do as Seniorjudge advised - let the licensing agency in your state know that you are no longer using your license and it should be revoked.

Last edited:

Granny B

Yes I have, the person who signed my name is my stepmother and when she died she left the company and all of its assets to my brother, who by the way has threatened me. I tried to keep the peace and just walk away, and he wont leave me alone.

Just Blue

Yes I have, the person who signed my name is my stepmother and when she died she left the company and all of its assets to my brother, who by the way has threatened me. I tried to keep the peace and just walk away, and he wont leave me alone.
What has your step-mother dying and not leaving you anything have to do with forging your name? And your brother has nothing to do with it either. Do you have damages due DIRECTLY TO THE FORGERY??

Curt581

Yes, you can sue them.

You'll need approximately $10,000 to pay an attorney's retainer. That's just to get the case started.

You'll need to find a lawyer that will take your case. Most honest lawyers won't do it. If you tell the prospective candidates right up front that you've got $10K to spend, you'll eventually find an unscrupulous attorney who will take your money.

Expect the case to take several years to wind it's way through the legal process before going to trial. By that time, your initial $10K will have been spent, so you'll need to come up with many thousands of dollars more.

All with absolutely NO guarantee that you'll win anything.

Good luck.

Granny B

Ok, I get it, nothing is related. Bottom line, forgery is illegal, my question is: is the company she owned liable for her illegal actions?

Zigner

Liable HOW? You STILL haven't answered as to what your actual DAMAGES are...

I think you are a bitter step-daughter who didn't "get" anything from step-mom. So, you are scratching the dirt looking for ANYTHING you can get. Let it go.

Zigner

Bay -

How's that dental work coming along. You're almost a pro at pulling teeth by now!

Granny B

Zignar, you cant call me that without knowing the whole story. You are right, I stumbled on this info accidentally, I believe things happen for a reason, I would have never known any of this had I not tried to protect myself from my brother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">