• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For a novel I am writing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PartyAngel01

I'm a writer and I'm looking for information for my novel. In the story, (and it really is a story, I promise!) a woman kills three adolescent girls (homicide/manslaughter/first degree murder) and commits assult/battery and kidnapping as well. I have been able to find information about this, but I have not been able to find anything about what an accomplice would face as far as charges goes. Another woman in my story is involved, or knows about the plans, and is forced to comply with the first woman's demands of the crimes. Would the accomplice's sentence depend on how involved he/she was? What would be the range of punishment? If anyone could help me out with this information, that would be great. I really want to get true and accurate information for my novel. Thanks so much!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PartyAngel01 said:
I'm a writer and I'm looking for information for my novel. In the story, (and it really is a story, I promise!) a woman kills three adolescent girls (homicide/manslaughter/first degree murder) and commits assult/battery and kidnapping as well. I have been able to find information about this, but I have not been able to find anything about what an accomplice would face as far as charges goes. Another woman in my story is involved, or knows about the plans, and is forced to comply with the first woman's demands of the crimes. Would the accomplice's sentence depend on how involved he/she was? What would be the range of punishment? If anyone could help me out with this information, that would be great. I really want to get true and accurate information for my novel. Thanks so much!
My response:

Read old newspaper clippings about Patty Hearst, and her involvement with the Hibernia Bank robbery. Your current plot line sounds like Patty's story; i.e., was she, or was she not, forced, coerced, and under threat, to comply with the SLA (Symbionese Liberation Army) when she was seen on tape robbing the bank?

There's your answer.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">