• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Novelty ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Realid

Is it illegal to make Novelty ID's that look similar to an actual State's driver license???

I am assuming that if there is a sticker on the novelty id that says "novelty purposes only" and that the customer signs a disclaimer that is is 100 % legal.

I do not want to break any laws. Please help.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

So basically a fun idea that has the potential of being misused. Okay, to really cover your rear end on all angles with all types of laws applicable (federal and state), shell out some dough (doesn't have to be a whole lot) and get a lawyer to look up any possible ramifications.

Try your state bar association's lawyer referral program and attorneypages.com.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">