• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Novelty ID's?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hattmall

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Is an ID that looks like a State Drivers Liscence but says on the back, Novelty ID - Not A Governemtn Document Legal?

Also what if the ID does not look like a State Issued ID. Is it legal?

Does it need to say "Not A Government Document" if it doesn't look like a state ID?

Please post serious response and if some one could show me some websites/laws or cases regarding this matter that would be great. Thanks

HomeGuru

hattmall said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

Is an ID that looks like a State Drivers Liscence but says on the back, Novelty ID - Not A Governemtn Document Legal?

Also what if the ID does not look like a State Issued ID. Is it legal?

Does it need to say "Not A Government Document" if it doesn't look like a state ID?

Please post serious response and if some one could show me some websites/laws or cases regarding this matter that would be great. Thanks
**A: why are you asking? What are your specific circumstances?

H

hattmall

I am just curious if anyone knows these answers.

I don't really have any circumstance just would like to know.

JETX

"Is an ID that looks like a State Drivers Liscence but says on the back, Novelty ID - Not A Governemtn Document Legal?"
*** No, it is NOT a legal document.

"Also what if the ID does not look like a State Issued ID. Is it legal?"
*** No. In fact, you or anyone possessing or providing this 'fake id' could face criminal charges.

"Does it need to say "Not A Government Document" if it doesn't look like a state ID?"
*** Of course not. After all, your 'Mickey Mouse Club' card doesn't say it, does it??

Read the Georgia Code, specifically §16-9-1 through -4 at the following:
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/GaCode/Title16.pdf

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hattmall : Alanis (Morisette), recently I heard a demo version of "Unsent" and in it, it had different names and two more verses... Is there any reason why you decided to cut them out of the final version?

=====================================

My response:

Remember that?

IAAL

H

hattmall

Yes I remember that....

Did you hire a private investigator to look into my backgroud or something... or did you just type my username in google...

plus thats not me anyway

Last edited:
H

hattmall

oh, and thank you JETX

So an ID that look like a state id and on the back says Novelty ID = Illegal

ID that dosent look like a state id and has picture/birthdate and other information = ... legal or illegal??

I am wondering about the products sold on this site..

www.youfini****.com

JETX

hattmall said:
I am wondering about the products sold on this site..

www.youfini****.com
And did you notice the legal disclaimer on their website?
"Due to some reported misuse of our products, we can no longer accept orders without a signed legal notice. Please print the enclosed disclaimer and mail or fax it. ANY ORDERS RECEIVED WITHOUT THIS DISCLAIMER WILL BE RETURNED!!"

Then, when you click on the disclaimer, the FIRST sentence they have is:
"By signing and submitting this notice with my order, I acknowledge the following:
1. The card(s) that I receive will be used for strictly lawful purposes."

Simply, this dolt running this site thinks that he can protect himself from his illegal conduct. His disclaimer doesn't. It is simply a matter of time until he gets popped and all of his records seized. And when that happens, the REAL authorities could come knocking on YOUR door.

H

hattmall

Sorry to keep asking questions. I read the link you submitted the Crimminal Code of Georigia and I found that section

16-9-4.

Says

"It shall be an affirmative defense to the manufacturing, selling, or distributing of identification documents that contain false, fictitious, or altered information that the person manufacturing, selling, or distributing the documents used due diligence to ascertain the truth of the information contained in the identification document."

Would accepting a signed document that the information was correct include due diligence? If not, what is.

Also what if all the information on the card is actully correct is its manufacture and or possesion still illegal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">