• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Harassment 2nd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CallBob

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny
I got an appearance ticket because of a civilian arrest for harassment 2nd because i knocked on her locked up car window to get her attention to what i was yelling at her ..to give me her insurance and driver license ...

Best defense in NY ? :eek:

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny
I got an appearance ticket because of a civilian arrest for harassment 2nd because i knocked on her locked up car window to get her attention to what i was yelling at her ..to give me her insurance and driver license ...

Best defense in NY ? :eek:
We have no idea what transpired except for your self serving story .

Care to fill in the details and what the occupant may have stated in their report?

By your own admission you were "YELLING " at the occupant in a vehicle .

§ 240.26 Harassment in the second degree.
A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when, with
intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:
1. He or she strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects such other
person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same; or
2. He or she follows a person in or about a public place or places; or
3. He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts
which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no
legitimate purpose.
Subdivisions two and three of this section shall not apply to
activities regulated by the national labor relations act, as amended,
the railway labor act, as amended, or the federal employment labor
management act, as amended.
Harassment in the second degree is a violation.

CallBob

Bull****

I knew as soon as i read your 1st sentence that you are full of **** and not to read any further . :mad:

ENASNI

oy

Pardon me. Evidently I was too subtle. I will rephrase.

By replying to the first responder in the way you did, you have created a situation where even those people who might otherwise have responded to your question in the way you would have liked them to are now unlikely to do so.

Way to cut your own throat. Good job.
yes I looked up the previous OP history. This is a quote from a very respected member who responded to a previous post by CallBob.

The above response was quoted here due to it being apropos to the fact that others should not respond to this OP.

But do as you wish. BL was nice enough to try to find out what the Dude was talking about and got flak.

This can only go Charlie if persued.

I kinda know what to "call"Bob

CallBob

This woman had forced me off into oncoming traffic 4 miles back , i caught up and passed her while she was doing 70 mph to get away . I slowed down in front of her and eventually came to a standing position when my vehicle stalled and then she rammed me in the rear end instead of passing me or stopping .I yelled at her to come out of her car and give me her insurance card and driver license ...but..she just sat there making phone calls and after a few minutes of me telling her to produce her information , she called the cops and reported me as a maniac trying to get her . Do the word INTENT ..come to mind here for any of you ?? The only intent was to get her information .

CallBob

yes i looked up the previous op history. This is a quote from a very respected member who responded to a previous post by callbob.

The above response was quoted here due to it being apropos to the fact that others should not respond to this op.

But do as you wish. Bl was nice enough to try to find out what the dude was talking about and got flak.

This can only go charlie if persued.

I kinda know what to "call"bob
**** you !!

BL

Let me just say for the sake of anyone that happens upon this thread and reads it , for informational purposes .

For normal fender benders it is allowable to exchange license and insurance informations and report the incident to your own auto ins. Co.

If the other driver will not give up the info . and they stay at the scene ,the by all means call the police to make a report .

BTW , if they do leave the scene , it's called hit and run .In NY it's now a crime I believe .

In an instance as described in this thread , it is not advisable to chase a driver down at high speeds unless perhaps the speed limit was already 65 MPH .to get a license plate number.

Then the individual would write down or memorized the license plate number and call 911 if he could obtain it, or give a description of the auto .

The poster here was obviously out of control with the situation.

Instead of calling 911 to report road rage or to the scene , the other driver did .

Last edited:

CallBob

Let me just say for the sake of anyone that happens upon this thread and reads it , for informational purposes .

For normal fender benders it is allowable to exchange license and insurance informations and report the incident to your own auto ins. Co.

If the other driver will not give up the info . and they stay at the scene ,the by all means call the police to make a report .

In an instance as described in this thread , it is not advisable to chase a driver down at high speeds unless perhaps the speed limit was already 65 MPH .to get a licence plate number.

Then the individual would write down or memorized the license plate number and call 911 if he could obtain it.

The poster here was obviously out of control with the situation.

Instead of calling 911 to report road rage or to the scene , the other driver did .
What's the matter with you peoples gray matter ?? SHE slammed into me !! Not me into her !!

cyjeff

You chased her at high speed, got in front of her and stopped. Yeah, your car stalled.

The court won't believe that either.

Why'd you chase her, Bob? Were you going to invite her out for coffee?

Or were you going to show her the same courtesy as you have shown us?

You were all mad because she cut you off and you were going to show her... did you remember to flash your lights and honk your horn at her during your little high speed pursuit?

There is not a judge in the country that would have demanded she exit a car to engage a screaming lunatic that had just chased her down and forced an accident.

What did you tap on her window with, Bob?

Bye, Bob. Good luck with your case.

Enjoy court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">