• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obstructing a vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cappysorin

What is the name of your state? WV

Question regarding my car being towed from employers lot. The offense was a parking spot issue (not my designated area) rather than for any monetary gain by the tower. When I went to move my car before the truck arrived the employee requesting the tow stood behind my vehicle blocking the path, stating that it had to be towed to be moved. In reversing the car slowly he got out of the way by either being moved or bumped. I don't know if he was touching the car to begin with or not, I guess there is surveillance that could show this. To my knowledge he was not injured, or at least not injured enought that he couldn't ride a bike. This is being claimed as battery and possible charges may be filed. How solid would a case be like this against me and how could I potentialy defend? If he was touching my car first is this trespassing against chatel? Is it still considered battery if he knowingly put himself in harm's way?What is the name of your state?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? WV

Question regarding my car being towed from employers lot. The offense was a parking spot issue (not my designated area) rather than for any monetary gain by the tower. When I went to move my car before the truck arrived the employee requesting the tow stood behind my vehicle blocking the path, stating that it had to be towed to be moved. In reversing the car slowly he got out of the way by either being moved or bumped. I don't know if he was touching the car to begin with or not, I guess there is surveillance that could show this. To my knowledge he was not injured, or at least not injured enought that he couldn't ride a bike. This is being claimed as battery and possible charges may be filed. How solid would a case be like this against me and how could I potentialy defend? If he was touching my car first is this trespassing against chatel? Is it still considered battery if he knowingly put himself in harm's way?What is the name of your state?

**A:there is more to this story.

cappysorin

Meaning?

Other than unpleasantries exchanged, the situation described was the only contact that took place. Obviously any story has two sides, but the question remains.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">