• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obstruction of mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

browncow59

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

Ex wife recieved a very important document addressed to me at her residence. Not only did she open it; but she used it as an exhibit in a court case with her to make me look bad. Had she delivered it to me, or at least put it back in the box unopened with a note to send back, I could have avoided some severe problems. Based on her history, I believe I can prove she withheld this from me to cause me harm.

I know I have to contact USPS Postal Inspector....but can anyone tell me the nature of this crime, or is it a crime? Is it punishable. Do I have to prosecute, or is it a federal matter?

Thanks

45Frank

Well during my divorce I was recieving court papers in the mail certified return reciept. Well the Wife was going to the PO and asking for my mail and even signed her name on my receipt, this cost me thousands of dollars I even had the message on tape where she laughed that she got it.
I sat with a postal inspector, local detective and was told well since you aren't devorced yet there's nothing that could be done.
are you divorced yet is she legally the X ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">