• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obstuction of Justice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dhamilton

What is the name of your state? KS

I am trying to find out what the penalty is for obstruction of justice. Is this a crime that you should have an attourney for? How serious is this crime?

B

brake pedal

obstruction of justice?

Writer are you sure that is the correct charge? I am unable to search a charge of "obstruction of justice", in the state of Kansas. I did find some similar offenses, in the state code. These may apply if are you being charged in state courts. If you are being charged in federal courts, that would be a totally different situation.
Yes, this is a serious crime, and you should get an attorney.

Last edited:
H

hmmbrdzz

dhamilton said:
What is the name of your state? KS

I am trying to find out what the penalty is for obstruction of justice. Is this a crime that you should have an attourney for? How serious is this crime?
=================================

Although this url below is from an Ohio law site, it gives a definition for obstruction of justice, the penalty, etc. Might help some. I'd say -- yes, it's a serious crime and certainly worthy of an attorney.

http://www.ohiobar.org/conres/lawyoucanuse/article.asp?ID=138

hmmbrdzz

D

dhamilton

Obstruction of Justice

Thank you all for your reply. I checked out the website that you had suggested in Ohio. It did answer some questions. I don't think that this is a federal matter. It was the city that had charged my step-son with this. He just couldn't keep his mouth shut when his friend was getting a DUI. They never learn do they?
Thanks again,

H

hmmbrdzz

Re: Obstruction of Justice

dhamilton said:
Thank you all for your reply. I checked out the website that you had suggested in Ohio. It did answer some questions. I don't think that this is a federal matter. It was the city that had charged my step-son with this. He just couldn't keep his mouth shut when his friend was getting a DUI. They never learn do they?
Thanks again,

====================================

LOL. Teens (or adults that never learn -- same thing). They'll probably be friends for life when they recollect that wonderful day, "you SOB of a cop -- charging my friend for a DUI" (and then the both of them sitting drunk in the back of the patrol car)!
Good luck.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">