• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining a police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Meesh007

What is the name of your state? California

I was charged with a 487 (Grand theft person) and a 242 (battery) in orange county. My arraignment day is in a month in North court.

I have been contacting several lawyers and have been told contradicting stories regarding whether or not a lawyer can obtain a copy of the police report prior to the arraignment date or not.

here are my questions:

1. Can my lawyer obtain my police report prior to the arraignment day and start negotiating the case with the DA as he is proposing or is it just a sales gimmick?

2. And if he could not obtain the report, then what’s the point of hiring a lawyer prior to the arraignment day? What can he or she do for me?

Thank you,

Meesh

P

Pfaffing85690

I can get a police report. Even yours. HOWEVER, if you expect an attorney to get one as your agent, then you need to hire that attorney.

Now, what is the rest of the story?

HomeGuru

Meesh007 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I was charged with a 487 (Grand theft person) and a 242 (battery) in orange county. My arraignment day is in a month in North court.

I have been contacting several lawyers and have been told contradicting stories regarding whether or not a lawyer can obtain a copy of the police report prior to the arraignment date or not.

here are my questions:

1. Can my lawyer obtain my police report prior to the arraignment day and start negotiating the case with the DA as he is proposing or is it just a sales gimmick?

2. And if he could not obtain the report, then what’s the point of hiring a lawyer prior to the arraignment day? What can he or she do for me?

Thank you,

Meesh

**A: SHEESH Meesh, stop stealing and hitting people.

P

Pfaffing85690

Shows you how much I know.

I thought it was Hit first THEN steal :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">