• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An Odd Auto Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

astrt4

In March of 2001 I attempted to purchase a used minivan for $5000 from an Alaskan dealership in order to help me move from Alaska to Minnesota. I got a loan approved from my old bank in Texas, and everything was set. The dealership only needed to send the paperwork to the bank in order to get its money. With both the dealership and I understanding this to be the case, I happily drove the minivan away, and it now resides with me in MN. Months went by, and when I checked with my bank I made the discovery that the dealership had never sent them the paperwork, and my bank had never sent them the money. Now I'm in the position of needing to straighten this all out. I have not contacted the dealership yet, as I think it might be wise to get some legal advice before I do that in case there's a chance I can get in trouble here. The dealership has as far as I know made no attempt to contact me or the bank, and likewise the bank has not done anything. Anyone seen anything like this before or have any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">