• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Odd Situation...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

istayaway

Hello,

A friend that lives in Indiana got in an argument with another kid (both were juveniles at the time) where my friend ended up hurting the kids neck in the fight. The police came and took statements from my friend, the other kid and his mother and they agreed not to sue one another and my friend agreed to only pay actual medical expenses not covered by insurance. Insurance did cover the boys medical bills but now he is being sued by the boys parents for "pain and suffering" (though the kid played football for the high school within a month of the fight so I'm sure it's purely profit related). Now the police took statements from both the mother and my friend on the above, I think they are trying to sue because of the fact that the agreement was made when my friend was a minor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">