• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

offending your 17 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

furnacerepairma

What is the name of your state? Iowa Cornfield County
This in not abuse according to County Attorney. It was offensive or insulting .. Code 708.1 says anything insulting or offensive is assault, THERE WAS NO INJURY, We are both charged with simple assault on wife's son.. former county attorney says its crap but we did not want it continued ... we go to court .. no self defense notice of 8 days so not allowed.. no speedy trial in iowa on misdemeanor, it was 8 1/2 months, no witnesses at to boys history, no history, police officer moved to ks, statement not allowed, subpoenaed evidence not there because they throw it away even after being subpoenaed three times, case continued two times, a day before court, rule 137 says four days notice, no department of human services can be used (they said its crap to) (boys dad was involved in this in case ya can't guess,he was waiting down the street) wife pushed boy back when he screamed in her face, I pulled boy back from in mothers face a month before, no red marks ten minutes later, cops called no report, boy filed himself, boy and his witness lie in court get caught nothing done, they broke laws nothing done, extortion disorderly conduct tresspassing even admitted being told ten times to leave, nothing done, guilty because we offended him? where is the laws we can use to protect us? this was a bushwhacking in a courtroom. where are the laws we can use that say we can correct a child? teachers can do it, foster parents can do it, but parents can't? stepparents can't? they would not allow his own grandfather to testify. we go in front of a judge in three days would like some help to get this dismissed.:mad: iowa law says mandatory reporters have to orally and in writing any harm to a child be reported within 24 hours and no reports no where, county attorney says they are not aware of any dhs or police reports, the county att. and police officer are guilty of not reporting abuse!!! thats an aggravated misdemeanor not reporting abuse!!! they can lie in court ? sheriff said they don't do anything in family situations. so i asked if i was a wife beater you don't go to jail? he had no answer. everything else was blamed on city cop that lives in ks now, somethin is very wrong here and would like emails if you have our answer, yes judge even said we can report prosecutorial misconduct, they won't do anything either probably, thanks its to bad that same county attorney cannot do anything about someone else writing us bad checks for $6200 either, but can prosecute someone for $5. the appeal judge just happens to be related to county attorney. I think we need more chicken thiefs, county attorney does not have enough to do. she is trying to prove a point and you guessed it she does not like me........ its personal I think.... been to court twice and beat her before... but the law says offending is assault its crap but she won the first round. kinda like playin poker with one card and she has the deck. fighting mike tyson with your hands tied.

Last edited:

F

furnacerepairma

My question is....... Can I use Constitution when we see the district judge? We have ten minutes to tell him what we think.
Can we use state laws? What all can we say and if you know where it actually in the law says you have the right to correct your child, let me know please. The county attorney thinks that because of no injury it was offensive but yet nothing can be said to history of boy attacking his mother in the past. We just need to know what if anything we can say to the district judge and not waste our time if we can't use the constitution or state laws. Thanks

N

nhunsb1

It makes absolutely no sense not to use the constitution or state laws in defending your case.

F

furnacerepairma

Tell me about it..... Before court the county attorney
and judge told us.....YOU WILL NOT USE THE STATE
LAWS OR THE CONSTITUTION IN FRONT OF A JURY
BECAUSE THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT..... this means
a jury is nothing but a bunch of monkeys sitting there

F

furnacerepairma

UPDATE

UPDATE
update: went to see judge for appeal..... I will get his opinion in a few days...... looks good so far........
county attorney isn't looking to good....... as a matter of fact she was pretty upset......
prosecutorial misconduct.... court rule 137 was not followed....
SUPREME COURT CASE----Vernonia School District47J v Acton was a good point..... Traditionally at common law, and still today, unemancipated minors lack some of the most fundamental rights of self-determination—including even the right of liberty in its narrow sense, i.e., the right to come and go at will. They are subject, even as to their physical freedom, to the control of their parents or guardians. See Am Jur 2d, Parent and Child § 10 (1987)
Reasonable Force was ignored, 8th Amendment for fine outrageous, Bill of Rights Fair Trial, Child Abuse laws totally ignored in this case....
County's defense was we subpoenaed to many witness' and one was a superintendent of the school..... That's why no witnesses allowed....... sorry that's a violation of the fair trial law.....
I just hope that the judge see's it this way.... I told him I don't see how offending a 17 year old was assault..... he smiled at that I told him gettin out of bed offends a 17 year old

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">