• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio Law 2907.07 Importuning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acbagel

Under Ohio Law 2907.07 Importuning, I need to know if you can be convicted of a felony for asking a minor (let's say 15 years old, and the offender is 28) to have sex with you, but when you show up to meet this minor, you find out that it is not a minor but an adult citizen posing as a child trying to trick you. If he turns you in, can you be convicted under this law?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Under Ohio Law 2907.07 Importuning, I need to know if you can be convicted of a felony for asking a minor (let's say 15 years old, and the offender is 28) to have sex with you, but when you show up to meet this minor, you find out that it is not a minor but an adult citizen posing as a child trying to trick you. If he turns you in, can you be convicted under this law?
Yep - get an attorney and shut up (yes, even on the internet). The accused should only speak to his/her attorney.

Just Blue

Child Molestation is not something you should ask strangers on the net for assistance. Stop raping teens. :mad:

Last edited:

acbagel

This question is actually intended to understand what a citizen can and can not do to enforce this law, I am not and do not know anyone actually in this situation. To me, it appears that law enforcement must be present for a "sting operation". In Ohio, you can legally execute a citizens arrest against someone committing a felony. I wanted to know whether or not the offender would be committing this felony under this law since it appears that only a law enforcement officer can pose as a minor, not a civilian. That seems like a poorly written law to me if a would be rapist can just walk out of this situation because the minor turned out to be a fake but law enforcement was not involved.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This question is actually intended to understand what a citizen can and can not do to enforce this law, I am not and do not know anyone actually in this situation. To me, it appears that law enforcement must be present for a "sting operation". In Ohio, you can legally execute a citizens arrest against someone committing a felony. I wanted to know whether or not the offender would be committing this felony under this law since it appears that only a law enforcement officer can pose as a minor, not a civilian. That seems like a poorly written law to me if a would be rapist can just walk out of this situation because the minor turned out to be a fake but law enforcement was not involved.
Please don't waste our time with hypothetical situations. If it's so important to you, consult with a local criminal defense attorney and pay his/her fee.

Good day.

acbagel

There's nothing weird or gross to me about trying to understand the state law of apprehending sexual predators. I watched the show To Catch a Predator and was wondering what my state laws were in this regard. As I read the law, I had a question about the rights of a citizen when it came to catching a pervert. I am very disappointed in all of your lack of seriousness on this heavy issue, but you have made your point. I will seek interpretation of this law somewhere else.

Proserpina

There's nothing weird or gross to me about trying to understand the state law of apprehending sexual predators. I watched the show To Catch a Predator and was wondering what my state laws were in this regard. As I read the law, I had a question about the rights of a citizen when it came to catching a pervert. I am very disappointed in all of your lack of seriousness on this heavy issue, but you have made your point. I will seek interpretation of this law somewhere else.
A law library, the Interwebz, they're all available.

Sites such as this are intended to help folk with actual legal problems.

Thanks so much for understanding. I'm sure we'll get over our disappointment, too.

:cool:

Just Blue

Try the DAs Office if you wish to catch a pervert. Or a Criminal Attorney. ;)

xylene

Wanting to inject yourself in these kinds of investigations will 100% make you look like a perv to the police.

It is like someone who wants to help firemen investigate arson. Sure sign of a pyro.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">