• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OHIO STATUE OF LIMITATIONS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mik

I have read your repley but I not sure I understant"tolled". If someone was charged with grad theft in 1993 and the skipped town on bail, is there a statue of limitations on the charge of grand theft? Thank you for your repley.

J

juanitag

"Tolled" means that the statute of limitations clock is on "time out" while the person is out of the jurisdiction. Imagine a basketball game -- it lasts 60 minutes (or whatever) but can take several hours because of time outs. So too can the statute of limitations be put on hold for some crimes and some reasons. If you want specific guidance you're going to have to talk talk to a criminal defense attorney -- there are names on this web site in case you don't know of any.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">