• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old fine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gshown

What is the name of your state? NJ.
i pleaded guilty to a crime in 1996 and was assessed a $950.00 fine. I paid the fine in municipal court. I recieved a letter yesterday saying i had to appear in court in 2 weeks for the unpaid fine. that was eight year's ago i know longer have the reciept? They say I only paid $350.00 and owe them $600.00 i am certain i paid this fine in full. but no longer have the reciept.what can i do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gshown said:
What is the name of your state? NJ.
i pleaded guilty to a crime in 1996 and was assessed a $950.00 fine. I paid the fine in municipal court. I recieved a letter yesterday saying i had to appear in court in 2 weeks for the unpaid fine. that was eight year's ago i know longer have the reciept? They say I only paid $350.00 and owe them $600.00 i am certain i paid this fine in full. but no longer have the reciept.what can i do?

My response:

Of course, when you paid, you paid in cash - - right?

IAAL

G

gshown

No i paid by check, but the bank has only statements that do not show the payee
g

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gshown said:
No i paid by check, but the bank has only statements that do not show the payee
g

My response:

The check can be researched. Of course, it will cost you, and will cost you for a copy when it's located - - but, believe me, your entire checking account life is on microfiche and can be located.

Whatever it costs, it will certainly be a lot less than the $950.00.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">