• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old warrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stashie

My husband was stopped in Texas and an old warrent from Florida showed up in the system. He is being extridited to Florida for a 1994 theft/burglary charge. In 1999, he was arrested for assault. He was fingerprinted and the police searched for any outstanding warrents or covictions. He came up clean and recieved ARD. Is the warrent in Florida still valid? What are the stautes of limitations for burglary in Florida? Why didn't the warrent show up in 1999? Any help or advice would be appreciated. We have five children and it is Christmas.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

S

seniorjudge

stashie said:
Is the warrent in Florida still valid?
Apparently the warrant is still valid.

The statute of limitation does not run while the wanted person is out of the jurisdiction. Anyway, that is an irrelevant question (about the SOL) once the warrant is issued.

Once a warrant is issued, it is valid until the person is arrested or until the prosecutor dismisses it.

stashie

thank you

I appreciate the advice and am looking for information the only way I can. Thank you for taking the time to help. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">