• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One Bad Night

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rtp85

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Ok one night a month ago I was downtown. My friend was driving and I had been drinking in the passenger seat (I am 18). My friend said she needed to use the bathroom and we could not find parking so she asked me to spin around the block so I did. I was stopped at a light and 2 bikes cops rode up tapped on the window and asked to see my lisence, I didn't have it on my because I was not driving that night, but I did have a fake ID, the cop saw this asked me to get out of the car, I did, asked if I had been drinking he said no. He then pulled my car over, I turned to the second officer asked if I should go stand on the sidewalk and he said yes when I got to the sidewalk I ran and got away. The car was impounded and we told her dad what happened and got the car back. My question is, what would the statute of limitations be on these charges? I dont know if there is a warrent out for my arrest there was nothing with my real name or address in my wallet, and when we called to ask about the car that night the officer said there was no warrent because there was no name to go with it. So if there is a warrent what would the statute of limitations be and do I actually have any reason to worry?

Last edited:

mykoleary

do I actually have any reason to worry?
You have every reason to worry, they'll find you eventually and the you'll be up a creek (or is it crick where you are?? - I'm originally from PA...)

C

CALGON_ANYONE?

rtp85 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Ok one night a month ago I was downtown. My friend was driving and I had been drinking in the passenger seat (I am 18). My friend said she needed to use the bathroom and we could not find parking so she asked me to spin around the block so I did. I was stopped at a light and 2 bikes cops rode up tapped on the window and asked to see my lisence, I didn't have it on my because I was not driving that night, but I did have a fake ID, the cop saw this asked me to get out of the car, I did, asked if I had been drinking he said no. He then pulled my car over, I turned to the second officer asked if I should go stand on the sidewalk and he said yes when I got to the sidewalk I ran and got away. The car was impounded and we told her dad what happened and got the car back. My question is, what would the statute of limitations be on these charges? I dont know if there is a warrent out for my arrest there was nothing with my real name or address in my wallet, and when we called to ask about the car that night the officer said there was no warrent because there was no name to go with it. So if there is a warrent what would the statute of limitations be and do I actually have any reason to worry?

Dude, Wake up!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">