• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ongoing battle to drive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fortuneteller

What is the name of your state? ny & nj

hi there, I live in nj where my license are currently suspended for parking tickets and 2 moving violation. all of these matters and fines have been resolved, but upon trying to restore my license i was informed that I have 2 outstanding susp in NY(moving violations). I hav never been ticketed or stopped for any moving violation ever in NY. They hav reopened these cased upon my request to resolve this but Im not sure what is going to happen..
Each time I talked to the courts thats handling this they hav a lot of discrepancies, they do hv my old address where i resided back then. (2000) but my name is spell wrong twice in their system and they dont hav any licen plat #, they say the car was a buick. I never had a buick. So I guess my concern is what or how do i present my defense.

the charg is no insurance, unregistered vehicle. P.S someone did use my name b4 for soliciting but I probably cant prov that becus the polic dept cleared it from my record.

Please help...........

HomeGuru

fortuneteller said:
What is the name of your state? ny & nj

hi there, I live in nj where my license are currently suspended for parking tickets and 2 moving violation. all of these matters and fines have been resolved, but upon trying to restore my license i was informed that I have 2 outstanding susp in NY(moving violations). I hav never been ticketed or stopped for any moving violation ever in NY. They hav reopened these cased upon my request to resolve this but Im not sure what is going to happen..
Each time I talked to the courts thats handling this they hav a lot of discrepancies, they do hv my old address where i resided back then. (2000) but my name is spell wrong twice in their system and they dont hav any licen plat #, they say the car was a buick. I never had a buick. So I guess my concern is what or how do i present my defense.

the charg is no insurance, unregistered vehicle. P.S someone did use my name b4 for soliciting but I probably cant prov that becus the polic dept cleared it from my record.

Please help...........

**A: so are you telling us that you never ever had any traffic violations in New York? My crystal ball says otherwise.

A

aahlee

How about this GO to NY, and GO to a motor vehicle dept. office with your proof of insurance, your address in NY state, the dates you lived there, any information on what cars you have owned, and any insurance you had in NY state.

if you are telling the truth it shouldnt take more then an hour or two to straighten this out.

F

fortuneteller

PLease only knowledgable lawyer respond not members with advise, If I were guilty, I'm not broke, I would pay what I owe the same as I did in NJ.

I have never lived in NY. again, I have never been stopped for any moving violation in NY. If you have read my concern you would know that i dont have my license so how would I have insuranc e.

PLeas looking for knowlegdable, helpful advice not negative feedback with crystal balls. All negativity, keep to yourself . Thank you

A

aahlee

Umm, New Joisey has things called trains and busses, and maybe you got one friend who would drive you to a NY motor vehicle office and do this in person.

If you ever have any trouble again,with any government agcency, then face to face is the only way it can get solved.

so what are you doing tomorrow?

ok when did you have insurance in NJ? and when are they claiming you had none in ny? when did you own a car,

dates details and make a time line what happend in 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002?

---------------
Each time I talked to the courts thats handling this they hav a lot of discrepancies, they do hv
my old address where i resided back then. (2000) but my name is spell wrong twice in their
system and they dont hav any licen plat #, they say the car was a buick. I never had a buick.
-------------------

then what address did they have and where did you live? do you have any leases or rent recipets, or pay stubs? what kind of a car did you have?

I have a 1990 chevy celebrity , and guess what its exactly the same as a buick_____. so did you own a chevy that was also a buick?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">