• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online escrow Quiclk I need help I got screwed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flyby

Hi live in Michigan, I am not sure which forum this actually belongs in and this one kinda looks general so here it goes. Last April I sold a laptop on Ebay, The person who bought it was from Canada, after we contacted each other and spoke a few times he said he would not buy it unless i put down 100 as a declared value due to the duties he would have to pay. He sent me aemail and via telephone telling me not to worry he has done this before and he would take all risks if indeed anything went wrong. I called the online escrow company to discuss with them, they said that I should get insurance and declare with full value. I can not insure the item for more than th edeclared value. They went on to say if the other party is willing to take the risk then it was not against their policies.

Well low and behold the laptop arrived at its destenation and MYSTERIOUSLY it vanished, the gentleman said his son sign for package and when he got home from work box was empty. Thinking to myself and verbally with him there is no way it passed through customs as a empty box. So on and so fourth he declined the escrow and wantyed his money back, I declined saying my side and it has been held for the last year. My only r3eslove on this was to pay a arbritrator up front 750.00 and take it to them with a 50-50 chance. Well this guy just got me for 3250 so I could not afford that.

Well recently Tradenable closed their doors and referred any remaining customers to a Financial company that is chage of shutting down their escrows and closing books.

I called this company and they informed me that Tradenable closed this transaction so I have no recourse.

My Question is with it being a escrow it is my understanding both parties must agree before funds are dispersed, but not famailar with california or federal law. Also would I sue the companmy that is no longer in business or the Comoany that is in charge of closing the books?

F

flyby

correct

And amazingily enough that was the only response i got. Kinda ironic name we have here "FREEADVICE". But when you try to chat it costs ya 9.95!!!

F

flyby

HOMEGURU

BTW thanks for counting for me, I thought I only posted 4!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">