• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

als22

New Hampshire.

I have someone who has been harrassing me online (AOL Instant Messager). I do not know who this person is and I am currently trying to find out if anyone I know knows him/her. This person has said some disturbing things have made me feel uncomfortable, such as "hey abortion" "I hope you get AIDS for Christmas" "cunt" "I hope your family rapes you"... etc. Is there any way to find out who this is? What are my options?

als22

Thank you for your help. I do think it is horrible that people can harrass you online with no consequences.

CdwJava

als22 said:
New Hampshire.

I have someone who has been harrassing me online (AOL Instant Messager). I do not know who this person is and I am currently trying to find out if anyone I know knows him/her. This person has said some disturbing things have made me feel uncomfortable, such as "hey abortion" "I hope you get AIDS for Christmas" "cunt" "I hope your family rapes you"... etc. Is there any way to find out who this is? What are my options?
You CAN set the AIM messenger to request your permission before opening a chat with someone who tries to initiate one with you. Mine is set that way ... if I don't recognize the handle, I click, "No." So if they DO send me something derogatory, I'd never know.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">