• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open case in NH while in Federal Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jo_2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire
My boyfriend is currently in Federal Custody and is in another state. He has an open case in Manchester NH for using someone's ID to get into a club. The ID wasn't "fake", and he was of age, but did not have his own and was using a friends. The case is about 5 years old. He is wondering how to go about resolving this case while he is in Fed custody. Will they extradite him? Can any sentence he would receive for this state case run concurrent with his Fed time? Is there a process where he can resolve this case thru written correspondence with the court? Thanks for your help!

FlyingRon

If he wants to do it while in federal custody, his bet bet would be do use a lawyer in the county he was charged in.

I think that it's unlikely they'd even give him jail time for the ID issue, so worrying about serving time concurrently (unlikely anyhow) isn't a big thing.

Frankly, I'd wait until he was released and see if they wish to continue the prosecution. The longer they wait, the less likely they'll have a case against him for something trivial like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">