• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order of Protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathi2047

What is the name of your state? TN
Can anyone tell me if there is any action I can take against a person who has an Order of Protection against me that has not complied to his own order he requested? We were in court this morning on different issues and he walked up to me and my sister in law and stood directly in front of me where I couldn't even get out of my chair and caused a scene with the sister in law. But I am not allowed to get near him......Can he really get that close to me without getting in trouble?What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

kathi2047 said:
What is the name of your state? TN
Can anyone tell me if there is any action I can take against a person who has an Order of Protection against me that has not complied to his own order he requested? We were in court this morning on different issues and he walked up to me and my sister in law and stood directly in front of me where I couldn't even get out of my chair and caused a scene with the sister in law. But I am not allowed to get near him......Can he really get that close to me without getting in trouble?What is the name of your state?

Yes he can...He doesn't have A PO keeping him away from you. Although if he is calling and approching you..and you have witteness to that...You could try to get the order dropped.

Just Blue

kathi2047 said:
What do you do to try and get the order dropped?

Contact the clerk of courts and ask him what you would need to do...But you may want your attorney to handle it...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">