• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon Speed Limit Signs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmcdade

OR

I am writing to ask for an explanation of Oregon's speed limit signs. The signs only state "SPEED" and the numerical speed. I have been told that this is due to Oregon's prima facie speed law which states that if a person feels s/he may reasonably and prudently exceed the posted limit, they may do so. Wouldn't this sort of law clog the court systems due to people fighting their tickets? I know the signs exist, but I'm not sure if the interpretation of the law I heard is correct. Would anyone please elaborate on this item? Thanks.

B

bmcdade

Actually, I'm a pharmacy student in NC that travels a lot.

JETX

" I have been told that this is due to Oregon's prima facie speed law which states that if a person feels s/he may reasonably and prudently exceed the posted limit, they may do so."
*** Your entire question is based on an incorrect 'assumption'. You need to RE-READ ORS §811.105.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

bmcdade said:
OR

I am writing to ask for an explanation of Oregon's speed limit signs. The signs only state "SPEED" and the numerical speed. I have been told that this is due to Oregon's prima facie speed law which states that if a person feels s/he may reasonably and prudently exceed the posted limit, they may do so. Wouldn't this sort of law clog the court systems due to people fighting their tickets? I know the signs exist, but I'm not sure if the interpretation of the law I heard is correct. Would anyone please elaborate on this item? Thanks.
**A: are you taking any of the drugs that you are studying about? Read the law again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">