• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out Of State Warrant for Theft by Deception

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

surel0ser

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I live in Missouri, and currently have a felony theft by deception warrant out of Oklahoma. They are not willing to extradite on the warrant, so it will stay active until I deceide to go to Oklahoma and turn myself in to take care of it.

My question is about how I am being charged with the crime.

A friend of mine and I went to Oklahoma. We went to a few electronic stores and I purchased 2-3 items from each store. I would bring the items out and get in the car, my friend would empty the item from the box, reseal it and then return the items to the store for a refund. I never once returned any items, therefore I dont' understand how I am being charged. I understand I could be charged as an accessory if they could prove I was aware of the crime.

My friend has never been charged because they do not know his identity, they only have my name from my License plates.

Can I fight the charges as I never commited a crime?

surel0ser

Yes, but they have no way or proving I knew what was going on.

As soon as I got in the car, he got out and returned the items. Literally seconds.

Also, I did not help him empty the boxes, or help him return them which is when the crime was commited.

Last edited:

Mass_Shyster

Yes, but they have no way or proving I knew what was going on.

As soon as I got in the car, he got out and returned the items. Literally seconds.

Also, I did not help him empty the boxes, or help him return them which is when the crime was commited.
I'm convinced you knew exactly what was going on, and were an accomplice, and I've only heard your side of it.

Do you think a jury will think otherwise when they've heard the prosecutor's version?

You need a lawyer.

dave33

You can fight anything you want. The problem is that good defenses cost money. I will assume that since you are involved with petty stuff like that you do not have a few thousand dollars laying around. Even if it is a weak case,which it sounds like it may be you will still be taking a chance with a p.d. If you are arrested for this, request an attorney and make no statements. goodluck.

tranquility

Don't forget about video!

Let's face it, there are all kinds of ways to generate probable cause for something you actually did. Be glad you're not also being charged for conspiracy as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">