• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outstanding Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PFCSexy

What is the name of your state? NC
I live in NC and moved from TX while on probation. My question is, is there anyway to take care of the entire situation short of going back to TX. It was a misdemeanor charge, and I was given deferred adjudication, which included probation, fines, community service, class, and something else probably. I do not even know the exact sentencing, I was so scared. Now, some bad thngs happened, and I basically shut down and just sold everything and left. I left my kids with my mother, and moved away. It is now 6 years later, and it is getting tiresome wondering when and if I will be arrested. I doubt very seriously if I would be extradited, but who knows. It is just too much of an embarrassment to my kids, my husband (just got maarried and has not told husband), my job, I've been on now for 3 1/2 years, and friends. I want to handle it, and am willling to do anything short of jail time in Texas. I have been told that it is probably unlikely to have probation transferred to NC because states do not like having to look after other states problems. I know I need to contact an attorney in TX but I am just too scared to even mention it for fear of it all coming to light. I am terrified, but more terrified of going to jail.

stephenk

so what do you want anyone on this site to do? you won't call an attorney and you won't go back to Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">