• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

over stateline

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

revcom

What is the name of your state? Arizona
my friend took her daughter over a stateline when her daughter has probation.Could my friend now be in trouble?.Would there be a warrant out for her arrest as well as the daughter?,please help me in this matter

H

hmmbrdzz

Hi Revcom: It would depend if taking this probationer over the stateline has violated the terms of probation, whether or not the probationer officer finds out about the violation, and whether or not the probation officer recommends action against the probationer due to noncompliance with the terms of probation. If the probation officer recommends probation be revoked, a warrant can be issued for arrest.

If the mother and daughter do not know the terms of probation, what constitutes violation, and what the consequences are for violation, they need to find out by calling the probation officer.

As far as the mother getting in trouble -- if someone knowingly assists someone else to commit a crime, then yes -- the one assisting (i.e. the mother) can get in trouble.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">