• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ownership/property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robina

New York

I own a small vehile (motorcycle class) that has been parked in a lot. Several years ago the owner of lot told me I could park there for free. I have not seen him in several years. The moped disappeared a couple of weeks ago and I have reason to believe the landlord sold it. It reappeared recently w/ a different lock. I still have keys to the lot and would like to go in and cut the lock to my moped, reclaim it.

The vehicle is registerd to me, but the plate has been removed.

If I go into his lot and reclaim my vehicle, would this be considered stealing? Since it is on his property?

Thank you.

C

condaggitt

can you prove your registration is valid, and paid for?

do you know where the VIN# is on the bike?

if so Then call the police and show your registration vin # and the bikes Vin #, and ask them to run a license plate check to see who the plates are registered to.

R

robina

I had not reported the moped stolen.

I had let the registration lapse for several months, but have just re-registered it (when it reappeared)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">