• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owning a gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

recklessent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio, a few months back i was charged with my first domestic violence a misdomeanor 1, i went to court and the charge was dropped to attempted assault (2923.02/ 2903.13 att assault) a 2nd degree misdomeanor. i want to purchase a firearm will this stop me from doing so?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio, a few months back i was charged with my first domestic violence a misdomeanor 1, i went to court and the charge was dropped to attempted assault (2923.02/ 2903.13 att assault) a 2nd degree misdomeanor. i want to purchase a firearm will this stop me from doing so?
It may. :confused:

Victoryrider

I have no legal experience whatsoever but you might just want to try going and purchasing a gun. Whenever I have purchased them in the past the background check was included in the price, the worst that can happen is they say no right?

swalsh411

Since that is not specifically a domestic violence charge, you should be OK to purchase a gun. Google "4473 PDF". With the exception of question A, can you answer "no" to all of them? If you can, then you are not barred from owning a firearm.

You may also be interested to know that private party face-to-face gun sales between two Ohio residents are legal and do not require a dealer to get involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">