• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pa drivers license suspension help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fwatts805

Im struggling a bit I have been pulled over 3 times driving on a suspended license and have finally gave up driving. The only reason I was driving was because the distance I had 2 drive to work every day. I have asked about a occupational limited license and was told I cant get one. Im having a hard time finding a good job and the one I have im on the verge of losing because its so hard for me to get back and fourth. If I lose my job I will end up in jail due to child support. Is there any way possible or any hope in fighting this and getting atleast a license so I can go 2 and from work or would I just be wasting my time? Any help with this would be great.

Proserpina

Im struggling a bit I have been pulled over 3 times driving on a suspended license and have finally gave up driving. The only reason I was driving was because the distance I had 2 drive to work every day. I have asked about a occupational limited license and was told I cant get one. Im having a hard time finding a good job and the one I have im on the verge of losing because its so hard for me to get back and fourth. If I lose my job I will end up in jail due to child support. Is there any way possible or any hope in fighting this and getting atleast a license so I can go 2 and from work or would I just be wasting my time? Any help with this would be great.

Read this : http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/dl_forms/dl-15.pdf

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Actions have consequences. :cool:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Read this : http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/dl_forms/dl-15.pdf
Here's a nugget from the above link:
Based on your driving record and violations, the PA Department of Transportation will evaluate whether or not you are eligible for an OLL.
If you are currently, or about to be suspended for any of these violations, you are not eligible for an OLL:
3345 - Passing a school bus
1533 or 6146 - Failure to respond to a citation
3367 - Racing on highways
1543 - Driving while suspended
(possible exceptions)
3732 - Homicide by Vehicle
1547 - Refusal to submit to chemical testing (possible exceptions)
3733 - Fleeing a Police Officer
1786 - Failure to maintain financial responsibility
3734 - Driving without lights
ARD ordered suspension for DUI
3735 - Homicide by Vehicle/DUI
Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act Violations
3736 - Reckless Driving
Underage alcohol violations
(possible exceptions)
3742 - Accidents involving death or injury
Any serious traffic offense
3743 - Leaving scene of an accident
Any violations relating to accidents and accident reports
3802 - Driving under the influence (possible exceptions)
POSSIBLE EXCEPTIONS:
A DUI conviction - only if the violation is your first offense and you have been given a one year suspension. however, the OLL cannot be
issued until 60 days have been served for the suspension of the DUI.
An 18 months DUI Suspension - only if you have no more than one
prior DUI offense within the past ten years, have served 12 months of
the 18 month suspension, have satisfied all restoration requirements, and have the ignition interlock installed on your vehicle.
A refusal to submit to a chemical test - only if it results in an 18 month suspension, have no more than one prior DUI offense within the
past 10 years, have served 12 months of the 18 month suspension, have satisfied all restoration requirements, and have the ignition
interlock installed on your vehicle.
Underage alcohol violation - only if the violation is your first offense.
Driving while under suspension violation if your driving record shows that this suspension occurred only as a result of a prior indefinite
suspension due to an unpaid citation or non-payment of a judgement, failure to attend a Departmental hearing, or failure to undergo a
Special Point Examination. However, the OLL cannot be issued until three (3) months have been served for the suspension for driving
while under suspension

Last edited:

sandyclaus

I'd suggest that you start looking into alternative transportation options, such as carpooling or public transportation (bus, train, bicycle).

As has been stated previously, choices have consequences. Your license was suspended because you chose not to follow the law. Your continued disregard for said laws and driving on a suspended license - and getting caught doing so - only exacerbated an already tenuous situation.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Quit. Just quit lying. You drove because you wanted to do so. You drove because you didn't care about the law. You drove because you didn't care your license was suspended. You drove because you didn't care about anyone else. Now you want people to feel sorry that your bad choices have caught up to you? Actions have consequences. Yours definitely do.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I'd say that if you got caught driving three times then you're probably a pretty bad driver to begin with. Maybe it's better for you and society if you're not behind the wheel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">