• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parents used my SSN to buy house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anaheimjobs

What is the name of your state? california

Hi,I hope you have a bit of advice for me. In a nutshell, 10 years ago my parents bought a house and moved out of L.A. Back then, my mom was not legally in the country. I found out a month ago (by ordering a credit report) that my social security number and records showed a home mortgage and that I was over $80,000 in debt. I asked my parents and they told me that they had to use my SS Number as if it belonged to my mother OR they would not have been able to get the house. My mom is now a legal resident and has a valid SS Number but is afraid to let the mortgage company know her real number for fear that they will investigate why she gave a wrong number 10 years ago. I love my parents and do not want to get them in trouble but I am only 22 and don't want a mortgage to show on my record. Would we be able to call the mortgage company and give them my mom's real ss number so they delete the old oen (mine.) and how could I get the credit reporting companies to get the mortgage debt out of my record without getting my parents in trouble. I don't know if you have ever had this kind of question before. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please reply to this e-mail. thank you very much. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">