• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole Hearing around the bend.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shawn

My fiance will have his parole hearing in December and we hired a lawyer. The state is Maryland and the crime is intent to distribute cocaine. This is his first incarceration. The lawyer that we hired used to be the Head Commisioner on the parole board. I went to see him yesterday to get a better understanding of what the parole board will ask me in out preliminary hearing on Monday. I asked him what me fiance's chances of getting paroled are and he said "reasonably good". My fiance has served 2 years and 9 months on a 10 year bit and he has no infractions. He has been on his best behavior and has a lot of support as well as a brand new home and 2 children to come home to. Please give your advice as to what the outcome may be. Do you think that he will be paroled? He has a detainer in Pennsylvania and all we want is for him to be paroled there and finish a 3 year sentence there. Please help!

W

wikygirl

You have my prayers. My fiance went for his parole hearing on oct5 it was denied. We are appealing, he had everything going for him. What did him in was his pre sentencing investigation. It was full of information that was false, in accurate, and blatently filled with lies. they never called his aunt, who has had daily contact with him. Instead they talked with his father and brother and they have not spoken with my fiance in 7 years. It was horrible. It was as if the board did not even hear us. It is very important that you request a copy of it. Or your finace will have to request it. go over it with a fine tooth comb, you have to dispute everything. We are working on our appeal, and we hope it will go well. I wish you luck.
Bright Blessings

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">